The physical process for digital radiography is actually similar to traditional dental X-rays that use film. With the most recent and modern digital radiography here at Dr. Kochhar’s, we insert a sensor into your mouth to capture images of your teeth. This sensor is electronic and connected to a computer. Once the X-ray is taken, the image is projected on a screen for us to view.
There are several benefits to using digital radiography over traditional film X-rays:
- Less Radiation
- Shorter Dental Appointments
- Higher Quality
- Transferring Dental Records
- Environmentally Friendly
- The Complete Picture
While digital radiography is helping many dentists diagnose your dental problems, additional software programs are making our lives even easier! One such program is called subtraction radiography, wherein we compare current images to previous images of the same tooth, helping us find even the smallest changes in your tooth’s structure.
Deep Teeth Whitening – Supriya
This is the term used when combining one or more dental treatments to enhance the appearance of your smile.
- In-chair teeth whitening generally involves the application of a whitening.
- Take-home teeth whitening requires a set of custom made trays to fit your teeth.
- Factors such as smoking, poor oral hygiene and diet can affect the longevity of the results.